Following is the formal call for applications, and candidates may also see it in the Department's internet site using the following link:
TEL AVIV UNIVERSITY
The Lester and Sally Entin Faculty of Humanities
The Department of Archaeology and Ancient Near Eastern Cultures
Invites applications for a senior position in the field of Classical Archaeology to begin in the academic year 2007/8
· A Ph. D. from a recognized academic institution (granted within the last seven years).
· At least one year of post-doctoral studies at a recognized academic institution.
· Specialization in the field of Classical Archaeology in general and Classical Archaeology of the Land of Israel in particular, mainly the Persian and Hellenistic periods.
· Proven ability in directing archaeological projects, conducting independent research, and their scientific publication.
Proven ability in material culture research, including numismatics.
This is an established post which, at the end of a trial period, will lead to a tenured position.
The process of appointment will be conducted in accordance with the appointment procedure current at the university, subject to the ratification of the authorized academic institutions and at their discretion.
The academic rank will be fixed according to the qualifications of the candidate.
The language of instruction is Hebrew
The chosen candidate will be required to live in the Tel Aviv area.
Applicants should provide:
· Curriculum Vitae
· List of publications
· A selection of publications
Addressed to: Prof. Shlomo Biderman, Dean of the Faculty of Humanities
Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv 69978
Recommendations from three scholars of senior academic status are also requested and should be sent directly to Prof. Biderman.
Candidates are required to submit their applications by March 27, 2007
The university is not obliged to accept any proposal